navigation

8.8.12

Top Five Lipsticks!


Hellooooo,
I’ve recently become a bit obsessed with lipsticks and have built up quite a collection so I thought I would share a few of my faves with you lovely people out there :) I never used to really wear lipstick and if I did the colours were always fairly neutral, but I have started to experiment a bit more with different shades and brighter colours over the last few months and now I rarely leave the house without a applying a bit of lippy first.

1)   MAC – Angel (£14)
 My favourite lipstick at the moment is Angel from MAC. Apparently this is also Kim Kardashian’s favourite as well but I didn’t know that at the time I bought it. Angel is a light-medium rosy pink shade with a frost finish which I love and think really suits my skin tone. The colour seems to last quite well on my lips too and I don’t find that I need to top it up that much throughout the day. I think I reach for this lipstick the most often as it is quite a neutral one and great for an everyday look.
2)   Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick – Nude Pink (around £6.99)
 I really like coral coloured lipsticks and this one from Rimmel not only looks pretty but is smells (and tastes!) fab. This is another great ‘day time’ lipstick as it is a pale coral / pink colour and like the MAC lipstick it lasts really well throughout the day. The only downside to this one is that I do find it quite drying and as I have dry lips anyway this only makes them worse.
3)   MAC – Impassioned (£14)
 I have only recently started to experiment with brighter lip colours and Impassioned from MAC has quickly become a firm favourite. This is a very bright pink lipstick with an amplified cream finish and is great for a night out. I also often put a layer of Vaseline on before applying this lipstick to tone it down slightly – a great way of getting two looks out of one product.
4)   Topshop – Pillow Talk (£9)
 This girly baby pink lipstick from Topshop is so easy to wear and the colour pay off is great. This is the only Topshop lipstick that I have at the moment but after falling in love with this one I’ll definitely be adding some more lipsticks from Topshop to my collection. If you like MAC’s Cream Cup I would recommend giving this one a try.
Boots No.7 – Pink Lemonade (£10)
 This lipstick is quite sheer and is a very pale pink / nude colour which is great if you want something more than a lipgloss but also that isn’t too much. It’s a ‘moisture drench’ lipstick so really good for my dry lips but I do find myself having to top it up a bit more throughout the day, more so than the others in my top 5. Having said that it’s really easy to wear and great for throwing on when you are in a rush or out and about.
So there are my top five lipsticks which I’m loving at the moment. There are so many lipsticks on my wish list so no doubt my favourites will change as I try new shades and brands but for now these are the ones that I am always reaching for.
Are there any lipsticks that you guys would recommend? Which lipsticks are you loving at the moment?
Thanks for reading,
BBx

1 comment:

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS