navigation

15.3.13

March 2013 Birchbox Review



Hi everyone,

Yesterday saw the arrival of the final Birchbox from my three month subscription so I was hoping it would be a good one! This month was all about role models and contained a bunch of ‘hero products’ to help get you inspired. So here’s what I received in the March box...




Laura Geller Inkwell Waterproof Gel Eyeliner


I was so pleased to see this product in this month’s Birchbox as I have wanted to try some of the Laura Geller products for a while now and I do love a gel eyeliner. This eyeliner comes with a little brush in the lid making it super handy for on the go. I wore the liner for the first time today and my first impressions were very good; it glided on so easily and smoothly and didn’t budge all day :) This is definitely my favourite product included this time.

Molton Brown Valbonne Fragrance

I realised just the other day that I haven’t used any of the perfume samples I have received in any of my beauty boxes and this is simply because I haven’t really liked any of them. Unfortunately, this one is no exception and just isn’t a scent that I would wear. It has top notes of bergamot and orange flower and middle notes of Provencial mimosa before finishing with base notes of vetiver and leather. For me, it’s just a bit strong and not very feminine so I don’t think it will be one I will end up using.


RMK Cleansing Balm

I’ve never tried a cleansing balm like this so I am looking forward to giving it a go. I really like the rose scent and it feels lovely and creamy when massaged into the skin. I haven’t given it a proper try yet so I can’t say too much about how good it is but I was definitely pleased to find it included in this month’s box.

La Sultane De Saba Body Lotion with Argan Oil

I love products with Argan Oil for my hair but haven’t tried any lotions that contain Argan Oil so again this is a good product for me to try. I’m not crazy on the scent but it did make my skin lovely and soft after use so I definitely think I’ll use up this sample but I’m not sure it’s one I would rush out to buy again.


Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream

If you have read my blog before you will probably have seen me saying that I suffer from dry lips and hands and I am always looking for new moisturising products to use. This product has been a best seller in Japan since 1957 and from my first impressions I can see why! I don’t really like the smell but it does disappear quite quickly and my lips were left feeling so soft and hydrated after use and that’s saying something with my lips!

Beauty Extra – Sanctuary 30 Day Thermal Transformation Mask

I love that you get little added extras in the Birchbox and this month’s was this fab face mask from Sanctuary. I’m definitely looking forward to a pampering soak in the bath with this face mask and a glass of wine!


Lindt Lindor Heart Tin with Chocolate Truffles

These are some of my favourite chocolates and I’m ashamed to say they were eaten up before I could take a picture of them so I only have the tin left now!

So overall I think this was a really good Birchbox with an amazing seven products included this month.  Some products I like a lot more than others but they are all products that I will get use of, apart from maybe the perfume sample. My subscription to Birchbox has now run out but I am definitely thinking of renewing as it has been my favourite out of all the beauty box brands I have tried so far :)

What did you guys think of the March Birchbox? Which were your favourite products? Are there any other beauty boxes that you would recommend I try out?

Thanks for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS