navigation

8.2.14

Makeup Forever HD Foundation Review



Hi everyone :)

When I was in Paris I picked up the Makeup Forever HD foundation as I had been wanting to try it out for so long. I’m very wary with foundations as my skin is quite sensitive and I have had some bad reactions in the past which have taken ages to clear up. For this reason I usually like to get a tester before splashing out on a new foundation but as we were in Paris I decided to throw caution to the wind and give it a try.


This foundation has a medium coverage which is buildable but it still feels light and natural on the skin. It was originally designed to be used by those that are going to be photographed a lot or on HD TV so you can imagine the type of flawless finish it provides. I got the N118 shade and found that it matched my skin tone really well and I liked that it was easy to blend and build up.

Although I thought the finish and the overall formula were good, I still can’t say that I really like this foundation. I really wanted to love it as many people have raved about it and say that it is a holy grail product but for me it had a couple of major flaws. Most importantly it broke my skin out in spots after a couple of days use so I now only tend to use it when I’m going out for a meal or out with friends and I’ll only have it on for a few hours. As I mentioned above I do have very sensitive skin and this probably won’t be a problem for most people but for me it is a massive downside. I definitely wouldn’t advise using this foundation if your skin is also sensitive. The staying power was a massive let down as well and after a few hours my skin was looking very oily and shiny, even though I had used powder to set the foundation. It didn’t even come close to lasting as long as my Estee Lauder Double Wear.


Overall I won’t be buying this foundation again and wouldn’t recommend it to those of you who also have oily or sensitive skin. For me it definitely didn’t live up to the hype but there are many people out there who love this product so I guess it’s just a case of giving it a try and seeing how you get on.

Have any of you tried this foundation? What did you think?

Thanks for reading xx

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking of getting this foundation too as, like you said, a lot of people say it's their HG foundation. But all the reviews I've read have been pretty negative including this one.

    Did you enjoy Paris? I've been once and I loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shame that it broke you out :( I think its a pain when drugstore products do that but when high-end and a lot more expensive ones do it's just soooo frustrating!!
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Angi I know, I was so disappointed with this foundation as I had heard some people rave about it but it just wasn't for me sadly. I loved Paris thank you, I hope I can go back soon! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Iqra Yeah I was annoyed because it wasn't cheap and now I can't use it so much. That's why I usually try and get a tester first but as I was in Paris I think I got a bit carried away in Sephora! hehe xx

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS