navigation

23.11.14

Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara Review



Hi guys,

Up until recently I had been using the Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara which I absolutely love but is a little on the pricey side. I fancied a change and thought there must be some cheaper options which did the job just as well out on the high street so during the BBloggers chat on Twitter I asked which mascaras people would recommend. I got quite a few different responses but the one which was mentioned the most and had the most praise was the Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde mascara. I actually hadn’t tried any of the Bourjois mascaras before but I really like a lot of their other products and so the next time I was in Boots I decided to give it a go.

 
The brush has a unique design which features both straight and round bristles to ensure maximum volume whilst preventing clumping and is based on the brushes used by professional hair stylists. I really liked the brush and thought that it did exactly what it claims to; my lashes looked much thicker and I didn’t have any trouble with clumping at all. It also gave my lashes good length and I was really impressed with the effects. I liked that the formula wasn’t too wet as I somehow always end up making a mess with mascaras like this but on the flip side it wasn’t too dry either and was really easy to apply.


The only slight downside to this mascara is that I did experience some smudging on a couple of occasions. I looked in the mirror one day whilst I was at work at couldn’t believe how much it had printed onto my eyelids! I also couldn’t believe that no one had told me that I had been walking round like that all morning. I’m not really sure what caused it as it hasn’t happened every time I have worn it and it wasn’t a particularly hot day or anything like that. I have heard a couple of other people commenting on the same issue though and it has happened to me more than once so I do keep checking that it hasn’t made a bid for escape now every time I am wearing it.

Overall I would buy this mascara again but I’m still looking for something to live up to Hypnose Drama. The main problem I had with it was the smudging so I might give the waterproof version a try next and see if this helps improve the staying power a bit more.

Have you tried the Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume mascara? What were your thought? Which other mascaras would you recommend?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS