navigation

28.8.16

Lush Catastrophe Cosmic Fresh Face Mask



Hi everyone,

You’re probably sick of my banging on about it by now but as my skin is still not back to its usual self, I am continuing my search for products that will help restore it to some sort of half decent condition. I have used one Lush face mask before which was Mask of Magnaminty and loved it (review here) so when I saw Catastrophe Cosmic I knew I had to give it a go.

 
Catastrophe Cosmic is a fresh face mask so it will need to be kept in the fridge and will go out of date sooner than the Mask of Magnaminty which is the only Lush face mask that isn’t a fresh one. I have been put off trying the fresh masks in the past as you have to use them up a bit quicker but so far I have managed to get through it at some speed and there definitely won’t be any left that gets wasted.

The aim of this mask is to reduce redness and irritation whilst cleansing the skin to leave it looking healthy and smooth. It contains blueberries, rose absolute and chamomile blue oil to help achieve this and Lush recommend using the mask as often as possible to help keep skin in check.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the pot was the smell which I can't quite place my finger on but kind of smells like paint. I have to say it isn’t my favourite scent but after a while it also started to remind me of parma violets which I can deal with. I usually leave the mask on for about ten minutes in which time it dries but doesn’t feel tight on the skin. Once I have washed it off with warm water my skin feels lovely and smooth and any redness or blemishes I have do look calmer.

In comparison to Mask of Magnaminty, my skin doesn’t feel quite as soft but I think this is due to the smoother texture of this mask so it doesn’t exfoliate as much. I have to say I was really impressed with how much the redness and blemishes were reduced though and I felt that it really did calm my skin down. As I was happy with the results, I used this mask every day for about a week but I wouldn’t recommend using it that much as my skin did start to feel dry after a few days. I think using it two or three times a week would be plenty and would give you the benefits of using the mask without over doing it.

If you’re struggling with problematic skin at the moment then I would definitely recommend giving this mask a try. I will 100% be repurchasing it when this one runs out and can safely say it has really helped improve the condition of my skin which is no mean feat at the moment.

Have you tried any of the Lush Fresh Face Masks? Which is your favourite?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

19 comments:

  1. I haven't really tried any of the Lush products apart from their lip scrubs, I'm not really one for bath bombs and I haven't had a good look at their skincare yet :) The mask sounds good for getting rid of the redness, I used to get blotches when it was really hot but it's calmed down now, especially with it soon being Autumn before we know it! I'll keep this in mind though if my skin starts misbehaving :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved their bath bombs but this is only the second mask I have tried. I think I'll have a look at some other things in their range though like moisturisers and toners cos so far I've been impressed with everything I have tried :) x

      Delete
  2. Paint smell doesn't sound very nice to me. The important thing is that it seems it works! I have a problematic skin, so I assume giving it a try. I haven't tried any Lush masks, but I am interested in them.

    Sun and Sany - Bulgarian travel and leisure blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, the scent wasn't my favourite but I can deal with it if the product works and it helps my skin. I'm sorry to hear you have been having trouble with your too, if you give this a try you'll have to let me know how you get on :) x

      Delete
  3. I'm so pleased to hear this has gone some way in restoring your skin's health - though sad to hear you're still having some problems on that front! Also, the Parma Violet smell you've mentioned has certainly got my attention, haha :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely an unusual scent but not so bad that it would put me off using this mask, especially because it has really helped with calming my skin :) x

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried their mask, but lush products are always so amazing!
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. How odd that it smells like paint!! It sounds like such a great mask though- I love lush products as you know there's not loads of scary ingredients in there

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discoverd your blog! I like it a lot. Definitely want to try his product,it sems really nice!
    https://lanacouture07.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like I'll have to check this one out! I've tried one face mask by Lush, I believe Dark Angel, and it broke me out really bad, I had to stop using it. Perhaps this would heed better results! Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you have a great weekend!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I tried this one once... a long time ago. Don't remember what I thought about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been on a mask rampage so this looks really tempting! I have never used a mask that you had to keep refrigerated so thats a really neat concept and sounds really delightful and relaxing :) Lush has been on my To Do list for a while and I really hope to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ileana I love Lush products and they always just make me feel so happy with smelling so nice (usually) and being so pretty! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Rachel-Beth Definitely, I'm trying to be a bit more careful about what I'm putting on my skin as I have a tenancy to overload it so at least I know that Lush products are usually OK in the sense :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Lana Thank you so much, I'm glad you like it :) I would really recommend it as it has helped my skin so much recently! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jalisa G Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that it broke you out, that's definitely not what you want from a face mask! I'll make sure to stay clear of that one then as my skin is really sensitive so no doubt it would have the same effect on me. Thanks for letting me know and I hope you had a lovely weekend too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jessica Corona I did like that it had to be kept in the fridge as it was nice and cooling when I put it on although I'm not sure I'll like that as much in winter! I hope you like the mask though if you do try it out, I would definitely recommend it as it has done wonders for me recently :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never actually tried a face mask from Lush! I will have to check this one out! I get the occasional break outs so maybe this will be of benefit when that happens. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Ann-Marie Cato It has certainly helped me out when I have had a breakout so hopefully it will you too :) I'm going to have a look at the other masks which Lush do as so far I have been impressed with the ones that I have tried. x

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS