navigation

19.2.17

Benefit Do The Hoola and They're Real Big Sexy Lip Kit

Hi everyone,

For my birthday my lovely friends from work grouped together and bought me the Do The Hoola and They're Real Big Sexy Lip Kit gift sets from Benefit. I was so surprised and wasn't expecting anything at all but they know me too well and knew anything beauty related was always going to be a hit with me.

Left to Right: Dew The Hoola, Hoola Lipgloss, BeneBalm and Hoola Bronzer
The Do The Hoola set contains a mini Hoola, Dew The Hoola liquid bronzer, BeneBalm lip balm, mini They're Real mascara and the Hoola lip gloss. The Hoola bronzer has long been a favourite of mine and I also love the They're Real mascara but I haven't tried any of the other products in the set. I am especially looking forward to using Dew The Hoola as I have had my eye on it for so long so I will let you guys know how I get on with it.

Left to Right: Flame Game, Pink Thrills, Revved-Up Red and Lusty Rose

The lipsticks in the They're Real Big Sexy Lip Kit intrigued me as they are designed to be both a lip liner and lipstick in one. As you can see in the photo, they have a teardrop shape with the top section being the darker lip liner and the bottom is the lipstick. This is meant to help create fuller looking lips with one product and hopefully save you time and effort! There are four shades in the kit: Flame Game, Pink Thrills, Revved Up Red and Lusty Rose and all of them are ones that I would use. If I had to pick one I think I'd say Lusty Rose is my favourite as it is the one I would get the most wear out of and is the most 'every day' shade.

I love the formula of the lipsticks as they are really creamy and feel lovely and soft on your lips. Having dry lips means that I am not a fan of anything that can dry them out even more so I was pleased with how hydrating they felt. I do have to say however that I think the lip liner / lipstick thing is a bit of a gimmick. You can see a slight difference between the lip liner shade and the lipstick but I think in some shades, such as Revved-Up Red, the difference could do to have been a bit more. I know you don't want it to be too over the top giving you a throwback 90's feel, but as the formula for both sections is the same, I felt like they just blended into each other. I also found that the shape of the lipstick works well for your top lip but it was more awkward turning it round so the lip liner is in the right place when you're applying it to your bottom lip.

Overall, I love the shades of the lipsticks and the formula, however, the lip liner and lipstick combo didn't really work for me so I wouldn't by them if that was the main thing I was looking for.

Have you tried any of these products? I'd love to know what you thought of them if you have and also which Benefit products you would recommend.

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx



59 comments:

  1. These sets are so nice! Such a great gift!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love products from benefit! they have a cute design))
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me in blog and in Google+ and I'll follow you back!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for sharing!!! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow very interesting post! Nice products for the skin darling! xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: RUFFLE TOP AND VELVET LOAFERS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, They are Real lipsticks are really amazing, I loved the colours! Good that they don't dry lips, cause I also have dry lips and I love Benefit products, so that is a great suggestion for me :) How great friends, Do the Hoola is a beautiful present, and the lipsticks too! Hope you have a nice week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such dry lips at them moment so any product that is going to dry them out more is a huge no no. I have been reaching for these so often, especially Lusty Rose :) x

      Delete
  6. Benefit has long lost me as a customer because they are getting more and more gimmicky by day. I do like the old classic products but the new releases are huge no-nos for me.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought too many benefit product recently either as not much has caught my eye. I do like the look of the new Galifornia blusher though so I might try that next :) x

      Delete
  7. Interesting to hear your thoughts on these lip products as I have seen them around quite a lot. I didn't see how they could really work as a liner and lipstick in one! I have to say though, the shades are very pretty. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, the lip liner / lipstick thing really doesn't work but they are nice as a lipstick overall :) x

      Delete
  8. Love it! So Great and Beautiful your blog <3

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC an GOOGLE+?
    Please let me know on my blog and I will follow back as soon as possible!

    Have a lovely day!

    www.deborabrazil.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lip products look like such pretty shades, especially lusty rose! Such a nice birthday gift :) x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lusty Rose is definitely my favourite as I think it's the most every day shade and it's the one I have been using most :) x

      Delete
  10. Aww you have such a lovely group of friends, how sweet of them to have grouped up and bought you these. The Big Sexy Lip Kit looks dreamy; Lusty Rose is SO gorgeous.

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I know, I was so surprised and thought they had bought me way too much! I wasn't expecting it at all but it was so nice of them. Lusty Rose is my favourite shade and is a great every day colour x

      Delete
  11. The set seems lovely. I have tried the iconic mascara and it's one of my favourite mascaras currently. Happy belated birthday!
    xo,
    I AM YASMIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't tried that mascara, I will have to keep an eye out for it x

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so lovely of your friends, and these gifts sound pretty decent. The lip colours are so fresh and bright, I love those. Sadly, the only products that I can use from Benefit are their mascaras, otherwise it breaks me out. Thanks for sharing, Hannah. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your birthday. xx /Madison
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Madison :) I don't tend to use a lot of the Benefit base products either just because I don't think they are that great compared to a lot of others out there and they aren't the cheapest! I do like their blushers though and the mascaras are some of my favourites :) x

      Delete
  14. I love the lips!! What sweet gifts they got for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that's what I call a lipstick kit! I also have dry lips and any hydrating products are welcome! Happy belated birthday, hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I was very lucky and loved all the gifts I got x

      Delete
  16. Oooh, what pretty new beauty goodies! Benefit's Hoola is a bronzer staple!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Hoola has been a favourite for so many as it's just such a fab bronzer :) x

      Delete
  17. Wow lucky you! Have to say I'm not feeling the shape of that lipstick either. It definitely looks awkward to use.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so bad for your top lip but I just found trying to turn it round for the bottom lip really awkward! x

      Delete
  18. The set looks lovely. Benefit's Hoola is a bronzer staple, I love it and the lip shades are gorgeous. xx

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Hoola bronzer is a firm favourite of mine so I was so happy to be able to try some of the other Hoola products :) x

      Delete
  19. dear Hannah - this box is so so so cool :-)
    I like so much the bronzer :-)

    with pleasure I will follow you xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so nice of your friends! These swatches are amazing! You should post a selfie wearing them :) have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really lovely of them :) I will take a selfie next time I am wearing one of the lipsticks and put it on Instagram! x

      Delete
  21. How gorgeous! I love this! What a great little set!

    Darriyan xo
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a lovely surprise to receive these as a gift and I will get so much use out of them :) x

      Delete
  22. This is such a dream box for every girls <3 everyeach item are the best recomended products by every beauty gurus <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends know me too well and picked the best gift :) I was so excited to give these products a try x

      Delete
  23. Aw, that was so sweet for them to gift you these amazing gift sets! There's so much included in both of them, all of which sound wonderful. I've heard such great things about the lipsticks, not much about the liner, so thanks for mentioning that you wouldn't suggest them. Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice of them and I was so excited to receive these as gifts :) I just don't think the lip liner and lipstick combo worked that well so if that's the main reason for buying them then I wouldn't recommend them. They are lovely just as a lipstick though :) x

      Delete
  24. The hoola kit looks amazing!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your friends are so lovely to buy you these Benefit gifts for your birthday- what fantastic pressies! Ooh I'm intrigued by that liquid bronzer so you'll have to let me know how it goes. Also, those lip colours are absolutely gorgeous!

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely keep you updated on the liquid bronzer, that was the product that I think I was most excited to try as I have had my eye on it for a while. I am a bit pale for it at the moment so I'll have to get the fake tan out so I can use it more! x

      Delete
  26. What sweet friends you have!! I love Benefit- their products are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have some very lovely friends and they really spoilt me this year :) x

      Delete
  27. Best bronzer ever! :D
    Great blog! I'm following you, follow back?*
    http://omundodajesse.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the kit!
    Dora xx
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks great!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow the lip set looks amazing! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS