navigation

21.5.17

Bourjois Healthy Mix Anti-Fatigue Concealer

Hi everyone,

As you may have seen if you saw last week's 'Everyday Makeup Look' post, the Boujois Radiance Reveal concealer is a favourite of mine for hiding those pesky under eye circles. However, I think everyone must have the same opinion and I have sure read my fair share of rave reviews of this product, but unfortunately that means it can be so difficult to get hold of! Shade one seems to be the most popular and I have tried to track it down in multiple Boots and Superdrug stores as well as online, but it's always sold out. Last time I was in Boots and surprise surprise there were no shade one Radiance Reveal concealers to be seen, so I decided to try something different and reached for the Boujois Healthy Mix Anti-Fatigue concealer. Both concealers are from the same brand so how do they compare?

The packaging is very similar to the Radiance Reveal concealer and comes with a doe foot applicator. I'm not that fond of these when it comes to concealers for covering blemishes but this is very much a concealer with a brightening effect so I would only use it for under my eyes. 

The concealer itself contains vitamins C, E and B5 which are there to help reduce the signs of fatigue and brighten the skin. I chose shade 51 Light which is the lightest shade as I really wanted to achieve that bright eyed look and I can certainly say that I was happy with the results. The darkness under my eyes was significantly reduced and the concealer provided a healthy glow without being too OTT. 

The texture of the concealer is lovely and creamy and provides decent coverage without feeling heavy or caked on. I also like that it blends in seamlessly and just seems to sink into the skin, although I did find it clung a little to some dry patches that I had just under my eyes. 

There is also a slight fruity sent which I wasn't overly keen on and I would have preferred the concealer to be scent free but this isn't something that would stop me from using it and it does fade away quickly.

Overall, the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer is a winner with me and I would happy switch between this and the Radiance Reveal concealer depending on which was available.

Have you tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix Anti-Fatigue concealer? What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx


17 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    It's interesting review! I never hear abou this concealer before but some of my friends said the foundation is amazing, I'm kinda not an trial an error girl if it comes to conealer and foundation because of my acne prone skin. lol
    Glad that this concealer working for you, and have a nice day!

    xo
    ayu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the foundation but if the concealer is anything to go by, I'm sure the foundation is great too. I'm also not as keen on experimenting these days as I have sensitive skin but every now and then if the reviews are good I might give something a try :) x

      Delete
  2. Oh I really love it this foundation
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try the foundation as I have heard quite a lot of good things about it. x

      Delete
  3. How odd that it smells fruity! I never think of concealer as having a smell. It sounds like it really tackled those under eye circles though

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a bit odd but it hasn't put me off as it does the job well :) x

      Delete
  4. Yes, it can be so difficult when products are in high demand unfortunately. Glad to hear that it works well for you blending nicely and not feeling cakey. My mum used to buy Boujois makeup and loved it. Not sure if I'd be put off by the frity smell, that's quite werid. I wish you a lovely new week, dear. xx/Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a few nice products from Bourjois recently so it's definitely a brand that has come on to my radar a bit more recently. The smell hasn't put me off as it does fade when you put it on and it's not too strong :) x

      Delete
  5. I still need to try this as a few bloggers I follow adore the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. One of my friends mixes it with her Doublewear foundation and her make-up always looks flawless. I could so with something to brighten my skin so will try this out. BTW congratulations, Hannah - I was so delighted for you when I saw your twitter :)
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for the congratulations :) I still don't think it has fully sunk in! I will have to try the Healthy Mix foundation next and I love the sound of mixing it with Double Wear, I will have to give that trick a go! x

      Delete
  6. I really need to repurchase Healthy Mix Serum foundation, I miss it and will pick this up too if I see it. Great review, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Healthy Mix foundation is going to have to be the next foundation I try as I have heard so many great things about it. If the concealer is anything to go by I'm sure I'll love it :) x

      Delete
  7. This seems like a really interesting product, especially since it has a scent that seems cool! I like the anti-fatigue aspect. I feel like most concealer brands are moving away from that kinda aspect. Thanks for sharing.!

    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the anti-fatigue aspect too, especially as I am so tired all the time! :) It has really helped brighten my under eye area and given me that extra boost I need. x

      Delete
  8. I wanted to pick up some more concealers, and both of the Bourjois ones sound like a great option! Although I have some hyperpigmentation around my chin where I like using concealer too, but it might come up very yellow! But I might have a look at these anyway because my current concealer can be a bit ashy at times :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to use a different concealer, Estee Lauder Double Wear, for any redness and blemishes that I have elsewhere on my face but both the Bourjois ones are great for under the eyes. You will have to let me know how you get on if you do decide to give it a try :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review hun! I have been hearing so much about this foundation for a long time and I almost purchased it once but was uncertain of the shade since there were no testers. I will check it out again next time I'm at the store. x

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS