navigation

23.7.17

Fleur De Force MAC Lipstick Review



Hi everyone,

It turned out that getting the Fleur De Force lipstick from MAC was a bit of a happy surprise in the end. I had initially ordered it online with no problem only to receive an email a few days later stating that I had been refunded as the lipstick had sold out. I was disappointed but such is life and I wasn’t going to lose any sleep over it.

A few weeks later I saw on Twitter that lipsticks were being sent out to those that this had happened to as long as you emailed in with your confirmation from MAC. Typically, I didn’t have this email but instead sent my refund email from PayPal and my original order confirmation. Long story short, I received an email back saying that unfortunately this could not be accepted and I thought that was the end of it.

Fast forward to arriving back from my holiday a few days later and a package was waiting for me containing a MAC Fleur De Force lipstick and an apology for the mix up. I was so surprised but it made coming home from a fab holiday that little more bearable and I was so excited to try it out :)


I have to say that I love the shade of this lipstick which is a gorgeous cool, nude shade. It’s perfect for summer and so easy to wear meaning I have been reaching for it non-stop since I got it. It also has a creamsheen finish which is my favourite of all the MAC formulas for its creamy and soft feel that won’t dry out your lips too much.

Fleur is on to a winner with this one and it’s a shame that it is sold out as I’m sure many more people would love to get their hands on it. It has also reignited my love for a MAC lipstick as this is the first one I have had in ages!

Have you tried this lipstick? Which is your favourite shade from MAC?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

34 comments:

  1. That's awesome, girl! I know you just have been pleasantly surprised to find it there waiting for you! I've only ever tied two MAC lipsticks years ago. I don't know for whatever reason, I've never repurchased, I have to! I think I get overwhelmed with their elaborate selection, lol. It's unfortunate that this one is sold out because it's such a pretty everyday nude; I'm sure it looks amazing on you! Thanks for sharif, beauty, and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    Xo,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I tend to only pick up MAC lipsticks that I have seen online or have been recommended to me as their selection can definitely be a little overwhelming! I have rediscovered my love for them though since getting this one :) Thank you and I hope you're having a lovely week too. x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, this is actually amazing! I know she was very apologetic about what happened and worked really hard to make sure everyone whose orders were cancelled to receive one. Makes me want to support her. xx

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I wasn't expecting anything at all and just thought it was one of those things when my order was cancelled. It seems they really went above and beyond to fix the issue though which does make you want to support her all the more :) x

      Delete
  3. Love.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloer! I love MAC cosmetics <3

    MERI WILD BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought anything from MAC in a while but I have really rediscovered my love for them with this lipstick. x

      Delete
  5. This is actually a really nice shade, I think it would be a little too light for me, but it's so pretty! The cremesheen formula also sounds good for everyday xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The creamsheen formula is one of my favourites from MAC so I was glad Fleur decided to use it for her lipstick. The shade is so pretty too and I have been wearing it non-stop since I got it :) x

      Delete
  6. That is a pretty shade though not sure how it would work for with my skintone. Didn't know there was a collab between her and MAC.

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah MAC have team up with a few beauty influencers from around the world and Fleur was the one from the UK. I will have to check out the other colabs as I haven't seen as much about them. x

      Delete
  7. That's great! And it's so pretty too.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty shade and so easy to wear :) x

      Delete
  8. This is such a pretty color, babe! Great for everyday wear!


    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I have been wearing it non-stop since I got it! I just don't want it to run out anytime soon though. x

      Delete
  9. I must say, when I saw this shade I was in love with it. What a pretty shade. So happy to hear that everything was rectified a bit with Fleur, at least you were able to have a lovely surprise waiting for you. Loved your fab holiday pics as well, btw. <3/Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madison, I'm glad you liked them :) I was so pleased to find this lipstick on my doorstep when I got back from holiday as I had given up all hope of getting it! x

      Delete
  10. This nude color is really pretty !
    xx,
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty, I have really enjoyed wearing it :) x

      Delete
  11. The hand swatch is very pretty, just imagine how pretty it is on your lips, perfect nude colour indeed!


    xoxo
    ayu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely :) Next time I wear it I'll bob a photo on Instagram so there's a photo of it on too. x

      Delete
  12. That was really a nice surprise to get this lovely lipstick - with apologies - when you came back from holidays! The lipstick is lovely and it is so frustrating when we order something and something wrong happens, but I am glad all was solved!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so frustrating when it goes wrong but I was so happy it was resolved in the end and I am so pleased with the lipstick :) x

      Delete
  13. This really does look like a universally faltering shade; and what a story behind getting to try this lipstick! I'm so happy you ended up with it in your hands Hannah - I've no doubt it suits you :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Estella Bartlett Jewellery Giveaway (Open Worldwide!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised as I thought my chances of getting it were out of the window to be honest and it's such a nice lipstick as well which makes it all the better :) x

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous lippie color! Sounds like an amazing products!!! Thanks or sharing!
    Have a fabulous weekend ahead!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope you have a great week too. x

      Delete
  15. Awesome my dear!
    Come to visit my blog
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome my dear!
    Come to visit my blog
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS