navigation

2.7.17

June Empties



Hi everyone,

I’m back today with another empties post as I have been quite good recently at saving all my empty packaging for these types of posts! I have also been using products up before I replace them which has meant that I have got to the end of more than I normally would and I am able to share my thoughts on them here with you guys.


Simple face wipes are quite a boring one and are something that I always keep stocked up on. I like them for just going over my face after I have cleansed to double check that I have removed all my makeup thoroughly and they are also great for on the go and freshening up.

The Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion is another product that I always include in my routine. It can be harsh on the skin if you use too much so I literally use a 1p sized amount and gently wipe it all over my face. It acts as a chemical exfoliator to remove any dry skin and helps tackle blemishes.

Benefit Porefessional is another long standing favourite of mine and I have lost count of how many times I have repurchased it. It is silicone based but I really like the way it smooths out the appearance of my skin and helps my makeup stay in place all day. 

 
I never ever use up blushers but I finally came to the end of my Nars blushers in Lustre and Orgasm. I have already repurchased both which just goes to show how much I like them. Lustre is a golden shade while Orgasm is a pink with golden shimmer running through it but both give the most gorgeous glow to my cheeks.


I received this Champneys body lotion in a gift set and I have absolutely loved using it. The pump top started my obsession with lotions that come in this type of packaging – so much easier to use and less mess! The scent was gorgeous too and I just felt like it was one of those product that feel extra special when you apply them.

Speaking of products that make you feel extra special, if you have been reading my posts recently you may have picked up that I have enjoyed using nicer shower products. This mango shower gel from The Body Shop smells good enough to eat and is great for helping to wake me up in the morning with it being so refreshing.


The Seventeen Doll’d Up mascara and Benefit They’re Real eyelash primer are products that I have been using alongside each other recently. I used to love the Seventeen mascara but I haven’t used it in a while and I was really unimpressed with it this time round. It did nothing to lengthen my lashes at all which is why I ended up trying the They’re Real eyelasher primer underneath to try and give them a boost. The eyelash primer worked wonders and I was so pleased as without it I would have thrown the Doll’d Up mascara away. Having said that, I don’t think I would purchase the They’re Real eyelash primer again and would instead just buy a better mascara in the first place!


I hope you enjoyed this post and I'd love to know in the comments which products you have been using up recently. Have you tried any of the ones I have mentioned here?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

40 comments:

  1. In love with Nars products!! This blushers look so good!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    NEW POST: MES VOYAGES A PARIS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are some of my all time favourites and I definitely want to try more shades soon :) x

      Delete
  2. Oh all of these look so nice especially the shower gel.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shower gel honestly smells good enough to eat, I just love it :) x

      Delete
  3. Loved your empties--there were some faves of mine and some new-to-me ones. I can't believe you used up blushes--that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I never use up blushes and these are the only ones that I have ever re-bought which must mean I like them a lot haha :) x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tip to use less of the Clinique Anti-Blemish Lotion; I have found Clinique cleansing products sometimes a little harsh on the skin and for some unknown reason didn't even think just to use less?! haha. Have a lovely week babe!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can definitely be a little harsh sometimes but I have found that using less has made them a lot more suitable for my skin :) have a lovely week too! x

      Delete
  5. You finished TWO blushers?! OMG, I never even hit pan on any, shame on me. LOL! I need to be better and actually try to finish a blusher. You put me to shame, Hannah! Haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I am quite surprised at myself and this is the first time it has ever happened but there is something strangely satisfying about using up a blusher :) x

      Delete
  6. I love Clinique- such a great skincare brand!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been enjoying using Clinique products more and more recently :) x

      Delete
  7. This is actually a first 'empties' post I came across to. I wasn't good in keeping them. Lol :) I don't think I've ever finished a blusher. Cause sometimes I don't retouch my blusher, and second is because I often use my lip & cheek tint too. :) Anyway, thanks for sharing this!

    Hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very rare that I use up a blusher too but I guess it just shows how much I liked these ones :) x

      Delete
  8. Ugh I looove Benefit cosmetics, I only own the porefessional and their foundation, I've never tried the mascara but I really want to.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend the mascaras, I love both They're Real and Roller Lash :) x

      Delete
    2. Ooooh I think I might give them a go!

      Delete
  9. Wow well done on finishing two blushers! It just made me realise how much of my products I waste by them just sitting there. I rarely get round to finishing a product, but I love the Body Shop bath products too, their exfoliating brush is so good! xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made a bit more of an effort recently to try and use up products before buying new ones as I was just wasting so much. It's been a challenge but it is quite satisfying when you reach the bottom of a product and you can start a fresh one :) x

      Delete
  10. I do like empties posts because you can always learn about new products! I love Clinique but I use the clarifying toner and I'd also like to try those Simple cloths! Seems good for a quick glide over after deep cleansing. Thanks for sharing, lovely. It's so nice to catch up with your blog! xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Simple face wipes are a product that I buy over and over and they are just so handy to have around :) Thanks for stopping by Madison and I hope you're having a lovely weekend! x

      Delete
  11. I also love shower products - since I don't wear body lotions, having a shower cream that is also moisturising is important for me :) I love wipes, by the way; they are so practical! And wow, you finished the blush! Well done! Hope you have a nice week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shower products that are moisturising as well, have you tried Soap & Glory Whipped Clean? That's one of my favourites :) Hope you're having a fab week too! x

      Delete
  12. Nars Orgasm is my go-to shade! It is so beautiful & natural looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't it? I just love the glow it gives :) x

      Delete
  13. You have some real staples in this post and I always find myself going back to Simple and Clinique products, though not sure I've tried the anti-blemish product. I have to admit I really liked the Doll'd Up Seventeen mascara as my lashes looked fab with it on. Have to admit I did prefer Maybelline Define-a-lash before they discontinued it.
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk/2017/07/gocation-camping-with-go-outdoors.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple and Clinique both make some fab products and they have been staples in my routine for a while now. I never tried the Maybelline Define-a-lash but I would like to try and find more high street mascaras as all my favourites at the moment are a bit more pricey. x

      Delete
  14. I love empties post! How do you like the shower gel from the Body Shop? I've seen it at Marshall's (TJ Maxx) and have been thinking about getting some in Passionfruit scent.

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the shower gel from The Body Shop and if you can get it on offer even better. They smell delicious so I bet the passionfruit scent will be lovely :) x

      Delete
  15. Need something for blemishes asap!I had a crazy acne breakout and not so many scars!

    www.talesoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you find anything that works then let me know :) I have been having real trouble with my skin again recently and although Clinique helps, it doesn't totally solve it. x

      Delete
  16. I love empties posts, shame about the mascara x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really disappointed with the mascara but I guess you win some you lose some :) x

      Delete
  17. I would love to try the Mango shower gel from TBS! Great products.

    www.fashionislandweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard such great things about most of these products, most of which I haven't tried myself, such as the NARS orgasm blush and the porefessional primer, which seems to be a cult favorite. I have such sensitive skin, which is why I've held back on trying them out, but my skin is in a good place now, so perhaps I'll give them a try in a small amount to test out how they work on my skin. Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really sensitive skin and I have been OK with these products but everyone is different so it is definitely a good idea to test them out on a small area first :) You will have to let me know how you get on if you do decide to give them a try. x

      Delete
  19. I love the bodyshop shower gels, the scent lasts on you skin for so long.
    Have you tried the Fuji Green Tea, Mojito or Pina Colada ranges? Those are my favourites :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh no I haven't tried any of those ranges but thanks for the recommendations :) I will definitely take a look! x

      Delete
  20. It's amazing that you finished two blushes. I love Nars Orgasm, it's so perfect and beautiful. xx

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS