navigation

7.1.13

NOTD Essie Mirror Metallics - No Place Like Chrome



Hi guys,

I have wanted this nail varnish from Essie for ages and I finally got it in my Christmas stocking this year. I first saw it on Pinterest and it looked like a mirror effect in the photographs so I really wanted to give it a try. I was a bit sceptical that it would turn out as shiny as in the pictures as I thought you could only really get that effect from a foil but thought I would give it a go and see how it turned out.


I really love the finish of this polish and it has the most metallic effect of any of the varnishes that I have tried. I don’t think I would quite describe it as a mirror effect but the more light you shine on it the more foil like it appears. I used two coats and added a few diamontes for a bit of extra sparkle before finishing it off with a top coat. My nails dried very quickly which is particularly good for me as I tend to smudge them a lot when I am waiting for them to dry.


My only complaints are that the formula of the polish does make it a little difficult to apply and the metallic finish shows up any imperfections on your nails. Next time I might try using a base coat or ridge filler before applying the polish and hopefully it will make them look a little bit more even. There is a rose gold sort of colour (Penny Copper) in this same ‘Mirror Metallics’ range which is next on my list!

Have any of you guys tried this nail polish? What did you think of it?

Thanks for reading,

BBx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS