navigation

26.1.15

Not On The High Street Make Your Own Lip Balm Kit



Hi everyone!

This afternoon I have been making my own lip balms using this fab set from Not On The High Street which my boyfriend bought me for Christmas. I loved the look of the kit when I opened it on Christmas day and thought it was a really nice touch that it was personalised with my name of the front of the box.

The kit includes everything you need to make your very own lip balms including:

-          Shea Butter
-          Beeswax
-          Cocoa Butter
-          Almond and Calendula Oil
-          Flavour (mine was strawberry flavour)
-          Lip balm pots

They are so easy to do as you simply melt the Shea Butter, Beeswax and Cocoa Butter together in a bowl over hot water and then stir in the Almond and Calendula Oil. Once it is all completely melted you take the mixture off the heat and add in the flavouring. After making sure you have mixed it all together well, just pour the mixture into the little tins provided and wait for it to set! And that’s it, you have your very own homemade lip balms!

I love that it is so simple and fun to do and I get something that I will use loads at the end of it. I’m still waiting for the lip balms to cool but I will try them out over the next few days and get back to you with a review on how well they work.

What do you think of this gift idea? Would you like to make your own lip balms?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx



5 comments:

  1. This is so cool and it's such a lovely gift set too! I want to get this for myself, would be such a lowly DIY.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try this out :) xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shireen L. Platt I would definitely recommend and I think it's a fab gift that's something a bit different too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ray Turner Very true, even if the lip balms don't turn out to be that good it was still fun to make them and do something that's a bit different :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Marie Sanderson It is really easy and fun to do, it's worth giving it a go :) x

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS