navigation

4.3.12

Avon - A mixed bag





Hi everyone,

A friend of mine recently became an Avon representative and reintroduced me to the catalogue. I had often overlooked Avon in the past and thought that there were better products to be bought elsewhere. However, after having a flick through the brochure I decided to make a few purchases and found some products which I actually really like. I thought I’d share a few of my favourites with you guys as well as some of the products I’m not so keen on….

Favourites

One of the products which I often go back to from Avon is the Glimmerstick Brow Definer (£6). This eyebrow pencil comes in three different shades, blonde, dark brown and black, so not the greatest selection but I find you can blend it easily and make your brows look really natural. You also never need to sharpen this pencil as it has a twist up top which I really like.

I have quite a few of the Avon makeup brushes, including the eyeliner brush, eyeshadow brush, angled brush and the all over face brush. For the price I think these makeup brushes are quite good, especially the eyeliner brush. You don’t get much fall out from them and your makeup goes on smoothly. There are brushes that are a lot better but if you’re looking for a cheaper option these are a good buy.

I’ve recently started using the Avon Tinted Lip Care collection and have become a big fan of this product. These lip balms leave your lips feeling smooth and moisturised whilst giving a subtle hint of colour. It’s available in three shades, pink, red and bronze, and priced at £7.00, although they can be found on offer from time to time (I think I paid £3.00 for mine).

I have tried quite a few of the Avon nail varnishes and there are some really nice colours in the range. My favourites are the Speed Dry nail varnish in Midnight Blue and Nailwear Pro Enamel in Ruby Slipper (both £6). A few people I know have complained that these varnishes chip easily; I haven’t had this issue but I do have acrylic nails which may be why the varnish lasts a bit longer.


Dislikes

As well as being some really nice nail varnishes available from Avon, there are also some that aren’t so great. As you’re ordering from a catalogue sometimes the colours aren’t quite what you expected when they arrive. Some colours which I haven’t been that keen on are Nailwear Pro Enamel in Decadence and Romance and the Speed Dry varnish in Ballerina.

I am a serial smudger when it comes to painting my nails so I decided to purchase the Nail Experts Liquid Freeze Quick Dry Spray which is £6. Although this product isn’t terrible I did feel that it affected the finish of the nail varnish and reduced the shine slightly. I have used other quick dry sprays which I feel have been better so for that reason I wouldn’t buy this product again.

I purchased the Glazewear Duo Reflect lip gloss in Flip Pink as I really liked the two tone colour and thought it looked fab on the model in the catalogue. However, when it arrived I wasn’t overly impressed with this product. I didn’t think the colour was as nice as it had looked in the brochure and I found the applicator to be quite scratchy and firm. The gloss also didn’t last long on the lips meaning you had to top it up fairly frequently throughout the day.

Another Avon product which I wasn’t overly impressed by is the Arabian Glow Bronzing Pearls. I just felt that this bronzer didn’t go on very smoothly at all and left my skin looking quite orange and patchy - not a great look!


Overall I think Avon have some really nice products and it’s definitely worth a flick through the catalogue or a browse online every now and then. There are also usually some good offers on and products can be returned if you’re not happy with them on arrival. I have recently ordered the new Ideal Flawless Foundation as I have heard quite a lot about it. I will let you guys know what it’s like when I have tested it out!

Are there any Avon products which you always go back to? Which products would you avoid?

Thanks for reading,
BBx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS