navigation

25.4.12

Dermalogica Treatment Foundation


I recently purchased the Dermalogica Treatment Foundation as I was looking for a new foundation that would also be kind to my skin. As my skin is quite sensitive I thought that this product might be a good choice as it is formulated without any artificial colours or preservatives, is oil free and quite light weight.

The foundation is available in eight different shades and costs around £29. This is quite pricey for a foundation but the 40ml tube does go quite a long way and you wouldn’t need to buy it as often as some other foundations.

I have been using this product for a number of weeks now and kind of have mixed opinions on it. The formula is very light and although I don’t like my foundation to be too heavy, I think this is too much in the opposite direction for me. As it is so light, it doesn’t provide much coverage and it’s not a foundation which you could build up. I have also discovered that this foundation doesn’t have great staying power and I have found myself touching it up throughout the day. I should point out that I do get quite an oily t-zone and quite a lot of foundations seem to disappear from my skin after a while but this one seemed worse than most others in my opinion.

On the plus side the Dermalogica Treatment Foundation didn’t irritate my skin at all and if you have very sensitive skin then it may be worth giving this one a try. Although there isn’t a huge range of shades, I used colour 1G and thought that the match was spot on. This foundation is also extremely easy to blend and a little goes a long way as you only need a small amount to cover your whole face.

Overall I would describe the Dermalogica Treatment Foundation as being more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation and although it is branded as  'treatment foundation' I didn't notice any improvement in the condition of my skin. I think that this foundation would be one which I used more in the summer or when I go on holiday and I don’t want anything too heavy on my skin, but it’s not one which I would use on a daily basis.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this foundation if any of you have tried it :)

Thanks for reading,
 BBx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS