navigation

13.5.12

Art Deco


Hi everyone!
I thought I’d do a quick post on some new Art Deco makeup which I purchased recently. The Debenhams near to where I live have had a big refit and introduced some new makeup counters into the store, including Art Deco and Origins. I have never tried any makeup from the Art Deco range before so was interested to see what it is like.
The Art Deco counter was very modern and everything was really nicely presented so the products were easy to swatch and test out. I have to say the assistant that served me on the counter was extremely helpful and polite and not at all pushy when it came to sales. I thought that the prices were fairly reasonable in comparison to the other beauty counters in the store, particularly the ‘colour’ items such as blushers, eyeshadows and lipsticks.
One aspect which I particularly love about the Art Deco collection is the ability to create your own palette. Refillable, magnetic boxes are available in four different sizes allowing you to add and remove eyeshadows and blushers as you wish. Each blusher and eyeshadow has a magnetic bottom so they simply snap into place in the box and can be removed again to create a new palette design.
So after much deliberation and a lot of time spent at the counter, I decided to start with these few products ....
Blusher – Colour 05
I really like the warm orange colour of this blusher and have been really impressed with it so far. The texture of the blush is really smooth and it glides onto the skin easily. I have also found it easy to use a small amount of the product for a more subtle look or layer it up to create a bold sweep of colour to the cheeks. The colour is quite highly pigmented and it has great staying power, lasting well throughout the day. I paid £10.25 for this blusher which I think is a good price and I would definitely consider purchasing some of the other blushers in the range.

Eyeshadow – Colours 33 and 517

I thought these two eyeshadows complimented each other really well and would also look great with the blusher which I had purchased too. I’m not as keen on the eyeshadows as I am on the blusher as I feel like the pigmentation isn’t as good and the colour faded slightly throughout the day. When I was applying the eyeshadows I did have a bit of fallout which I had to touch up as well which was a bit of a pain. On the plus side the eyeshadows were really easy to blend and there is a large variety of colours to choose from. At only £6 each they won’t break the bank and I think they would be a good purchase if you don’t want to spend too much, for example if you want the shadow for a particular night out or to match a certain outfit.

Overall I found the Art Deco range a bit hit and miss and some of the products seem really good and others not as great. I was also given a sample of the White Lotus Skin Refiner and the Long Lasting Oil Free Foundation so I will give them a go and let you guys know how I get on!
Have any of you guys tried any products from Art Deco? I’d love to hear what you thought of them and if you would recommend any products in particular :)
Thanks for reading,
BBx



No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS