navigation

11.12.12

Favourite Christmas Products



Hi everyone,

Christmas is nearly upon us so I thought I’d blog about my favourite products for this time of year :) I love Christmas as you can experiment with different Christmassy looks and add an extra bit of glam for the party season.

Barry M Glitter Pots (£4.59)


There’s nothing like a bit of glitter around Christmas time and these glitter pots from Barry M are great for adding a bit of glitz to your makeup for a Christmas night out. I like adding them on top of eyeshadows or even to the cheeks for a bit of extra sparkle. The one I have is in Gold Iridescent but there are loads of different colours available and they are only £4.59 each! Barry M have also started doing some glitter shaker pots too so I might have to stock up on these over Christmas!

MUA Eyeshadow Palette in Glitter Ball (£4)


I’d say these eyeshadows are a bit more metallic rather than glittery but I have been using this palette so much recently for Christmas parties and nights out. I especially like the gold eyeshadow in this set and the black sparkly one is great for creating a smoky eye with a twist. The eyeshadows last well throughout the day/night and although they could be a bit more pigmented I think for the price they are a really good buy.

Avon Ultra Colour Rich Brilliance Lipstick in Vermillion (£8) and NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp (£5)


 I think red lipstick is lovely for the festive season and these two products have been my favourites for creating a red lip recently. Vermillion is an orangey, red lipstick with a subtle shimmer running through it and the NYX lip cream is a coral red with a matte finish. I think the Avon lipstick is slightly more Christmassy as it has a bit of sparkle through it but I love the NYX lip creams and especially this colour.

Barry M Glitter Nail Varnishes (£2.99)

 
Barry M have an offer on in Boots at the moment where you get a free gold or pink shimmery/metallic nail varnish when you spend £6 or more so I just  had to pick up a couple of new nail varnishes for over Christmas while the offer was on. I went for the gold nail varnish over the pink one as I just thought it was a bit more festive and I have quite a few pink varnishes already. I also got the Rose Glitter Quartz polish which is in the photo below. I really love this colour and think it has replaced OPI Teenage Dream as my new favourite!


Avon Glimmerstick Diamonds Eyeliner in Black Ice (£6)


 This black eyeliner has a subtle hint of glitter in it which is fab if you’re going to a Christmas party or night out. The glitter isn’t too much and the eyeliner itself is quite creamy and glides on smoothly. There are other colours in the range too so if you fancy something different to black there are other options available.

Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula (£3-£4) and Figs and Rouge Balm (£3.49)


During the winter my skin can get very dry and these are two are my favourite products for keeping my skin soft and hydrated. Palmers Cocoa Butter is so cheap and really does wonders for my skin; I love the smell of it too! My lips in particular get really dry around this time of year and I’ve found that the Figs and Rouge Balm works better than a lot of other lip products I have tried. You can also use this balm on any dry patches, not just the lips, to protect against dryness.

So there you have my favourite products for the festive season and the winter months. I hope you are enjoying the run up to Christmas and I’d love to hear your favourite products for Christmas time :)

Thanks for reading,

BBx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS