navigation

13.12.15

Top 5 Festive Essentials



Hi everyone,

For me, there are certain products that are just a complete must have for the festive season! It’s the time of sparkle, red lips and going just a little bit over the top so I thought I would share my favourite products for doing just that!

 
Glitter nails – Barry M Glitter Red nail polish

I love glitter nails at this time of year and this sparkly red from Barry M is one of my favourites. You only need about two coats for really good coverage and the glitter means it is extra hard wearing and will last for ages too.


Red lips – Max Factor Colour Elixir lipstick in Cherry Kiss

To go with my sparkly red nails, I love a bright red lip for the festive season. I actually received this lipstick as a free gift when I bought a couple of other Max Factor products a while ago but it’s one that I reach for so often. As the name suggests, it is a gorgeous cherry red shade and I can see it will be my go to lipstick for a lot of upcoming Christmas parties.


Festive Fragrance – Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay

Blackberry and Bay is one of my all-time favourite perfumes but for me it just screams Christmas. I think this is mainly due to the fact that my boyfriend bought it me as a Christmas present a few years ago so it automatically brings back memories of that time. However, I also think that the combination of blackberry, bay and cedarwood scents means this perfume has a lovely winter feel to it.


Eyelashes – Eylure Pro Lash Individual False Lashes

The Christmas party season is a great excuse to go that extra mile with your makeup and one of my favourite ways to do this is with some false eyelashes. At the moment I prefer using individual ones as you can keep it looking natural or add more for a more dramatic effect. It’s taken some practice to get them looking OK but I think I have finally mastered it so I will definitely be rocking some of these this month.


Glitter – Urban Decay Moondust in Cosmic, The Body Shop Sparkle Rollerball and Barry M Fine Glitter Dust

I couldn’t choose just one product here but as with the glitter nails, some glitter eyeshadow or a bit of sparkle added here and there for Christmas is a must! All three of these products give a super sparkly finish and are perfect for adding a bit of fun to any look. A word of warning though if you’re going to be adding the glitter near your eyes, as I recently found out not all glitter products are suitable for using as eyeshadow!


I’d love to hear your recommendations for Christmas must have products as I am always looking to try new things and add to my collection!

What did you think of my festive must haves? Have you tried any of the products I have mentioned?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

15 comments:

  1. I wish we have Max Factor here but we only get CoverGirl which is a sister brand of Max Factor but I don't get along with CoverGirl products. Love the red lipstick, I think my red lips for Christmas will be one that I have from Anna Sui, can't remember the shade name though.

    Reflection of Sanity | Palmer's Cocoa Butter Care Package Giveaway (Canada ONLY)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red lips for me too! They're just such an easy way to elevate a look, and I love how put together they make me feel. Slightly less put together when I get stains everywhere haha!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red nails at this time of year, the Barry M polish looks ideal! I really like the look of the Urban Decay Moondust, too - it's so pretty :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the look of the Body Shop Sparkle Rollerball.I've never seen that before, very tempted to give it ago. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lipstick shade is gorgeous! A lot of the time I just stick on some lipstick and go, so for me I would probably go for a dark lip this Christmas :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Shireen L. Platt You can't beat red lips for Christmas, I think it just looks so festive! It's a shame you can't get hold Max Factor but the Anna Sui one you have sounds lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @angelina Haha that's true! I was at work the other day and only realised I had lipstick on my teeth a few hours into the day and no one had told me! I definitely think it's worth the effort but I'll have to make sure I'm not applying my lipstick in a rush next time x

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Beth | TOASTY I love the Barry M glitter polishes as they are really glittery rather than just a nod to it. The Moondust is fab for this time of year too, I think I'll have to pick up more shades before Christmas :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Natasha It really is super glittery and perfect for Christmas. You just have to be quite careful where you're applying it as it can get everywhere! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Natasha It really is super glittery and perfect for Christmas. You just have to be quite careful where you're applying it as it can get everywhere! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. @VelvetBlush I love a dark lip for this time of year too and one of my favourites is Bourjois Rouge Edition in shade 14 Pretty Prune. It's still red but much darker for a more vampy look x

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Maireem Maneje Jo Malone perfumes are my favourite ever fragrances! I'm secretly hoping Santa will be bringing another one my way this year :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glitter nail polish does sound amazing for the festive season and love the shade of red from that lipstick, gorgeous color!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. @prudence yeo Glitter nail polish really puts me in the festive spirit and I especially love this red one from Barry M :) x

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS