navigation

16.3.16

NOTD OPI Down to the Core-al



Hi everyone,

This week I have definitely felt a change in the air and spring and summer have seemed in sight with the weather brightening up so much. With that in mind I decided I want to go for something cheery and summery on my nails as I steer further and further away from the darker shades of winter.


Down to the Core-al is the perfect summery gel polish to brighten up any look. It is from the OPI Neon range but for me, even though it is bright, I wouldn’t class it as neon which I was actually pleased about. I’m not a huge fan of neon shades for my nails but this gel is more of a bright, orange / coral colour with a hint of shimmer in it. As it is gel and I also have acrylic nails it can last a good three weeks on me without chipping which is fantastic as I’m actually quite lazy when it comes to painting my nails these days.

If you’re not a fan of gel or don’t have a lamp then Down to the Core-al is also available as a normal nail varnish.

Have you tried this polish? What are your favourite nail polishes for spring and summer?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah

14 comments:

  1. I love gel polish on my toes, they last forever but a bitch to remove by myself. That is such a gorgeous shade, Hannah and no kidding about Spring in the air, eh? I have been really digging nude shades again and have packed away all my dark nail polish.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my only complaint when it comes to gel polish, I absolutely hate trying to get it off again! I'm so happy spring is on its way though as I am well and truly bored of winter now!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for gorgeous springtime nail colours! Funnily enough, I'm painting my nails now and considering a 'fresher' colour ready for this lovely new weather! Have a lovely weekend :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just feel like it is a welcome change from all the darker winter colours and I'm completely ready for spring now :) hope you're having a lovely weekend too x

      Delete
  7. This is a lovely shade and definitely more bright and cheerful, than neon. I have an OPI coral called lobster something? which I need to get out :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh is it I Mainely Eat Lobster? I have that one too and it's lovely :) I was kind of glad this one didn't come out neon but I can imagine some people would be disappointed if they'd bought it for that reason x

      Delete
  8. This is such a lovely summery colour!! I have never tried an OPI nail varnish so I think this may be my first :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend OPI, they are a little pricey but I think they're worth it and haven't had any major complaints with any that I have bought so far :) x

      Delete
  9. Such a pretty color, it will be perfect for Spring/Summer!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I can see myself wearing this one a lot over summer :) x

      Delete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS