navigation

24.6.12

Sexy Summer Glossybox - June


Hi guys :)
I wasn’t going to do a review of June’s Glossybox but as I received both Glossybox and She Said Beauty Box this month I thought it might be good to review both so that people could compare the two.  I decided to cancel my subscription to Glossybox as I wasn’t overly impressed with the products I was getting and I have to say this month has only confirmed that I made the right choice.
So here’s what was inside....

Glossybox Serie Exclusiv Pro Beauty Brush

 I really don’t like this brush for quite a few reasons – firstly I agree with a lot of other people out there in that I don’t think it is necessary to make the brushes from animal hair and it does put me off using this brush quite a bit. Also, I think it is a bit stingy of Glossybox to include it as one of their five products; I received a ‘bonus’ product as part of my She Said box and think it would have been good if Glossybox had done the same with this brush. Finally, I just don’t think I’ll get much use out of this brush as I prefer my other brushes so much more.
Yves Rocher France Mini Mascara 


 I absolutely love Lancome Hypnose Drama and I find it is quite difficult for any other mascara to compete - I just always end up going back to the same one. However, I did like the Yves Rocher mascara and thought it made my lashes look full whilst also making them appear longer.
BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer

 I really like this bronzer and think this is my favourite product in the June box. I would be careful how much I use as with having fairly pale skin, I think it could make me look slightly orange if I use too much. However, it is definitely a product which will be coming with me on my holiday for when I get a bit more of a tan.
Agent Provocateur Perfume Samples

 More perfume samples were sent my way this month and I have to say I don’t really like any of these three by Agent Provocateur. Out of the three my favourite is the Agent Provocateur L’Agent and my least favourite is the one simply called Agent Provocateur. However, I certainly won’t be dashing out to buy any of them in a hurry.
Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Starter Kit

 I have heard quite a bit about Dermablend so I am happy to try it out and see how I get on. I’ll probably have to mix a colour up as I don’t think any of the shades provided will match my skin tone but that shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
Overall I am just not that impressed with this month’s Glossybox. It may be because I was so happy with all the items that were in the June She Said box and they were all products which I would use. Therefore, in comparison the Glossybox just didn’t reach the same level for me. I think I would have liked it more if I have gotten some of the other products available, such as the HD Brows Precision Tweezers which I would have really liked to try out. Out of the two boxes, I felt that I got much better value for money with the She Said box as it included three full sized products as well as a bonus product, which I think is a great little added extra.
I’d love to hear what you guys thought of this month’s Glossybox and She Said Beauty Box :) Which did you guys prefer? Did you like the products included in the Glossybox this time?
Thanks for reading,
BBx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS