navigation

22.11.12

Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser



Hi everyone!

As promised in my October favourites post, I thought I would do a quick review of the Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser which I have become a big fan of!

This makeup brush cleanser costs £12.50 for 200ml which I think is a good price, especially considering how long the bottle seems to last. There are two ways in which I have been using this product; firstly you can give your brushes a quick spritz after each use and just wipe over with a tissue or baby wipe to give them a quick clean. For a more extensive wash, I have been spraying my brushes and rubbing the cleanser in, before rinsing with water. From time to time I then repeat with baby shampoo after using the cleanser to get them extra clean and soft.

 
I have been really impressed with how clean my makeup brushes have been after using this spray. Recently I have just been giving my brushes a big clean every week or two rather than spraying them with the cleanser after each use. This is because I find that I really need to rinse the brushes with water to remove all the oils and makeup from them. I had previously been just using baby shampoo but found that it would take a long time to clean the brushes this way and there would still be some stubborn stains left on the bristles that the baby shampoo just wasn’t getting rid of.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this product gets the brushes looking like new again and they feel so soft and fluffy once they have dried.

 
I am always cautious about which products I use on my face as my skin is really sensitive and this is one of the reasons that I chose Clinique over other brands of makeup brush cleaners. Thankfully, I haven’t had any problems with this product irritating my skin so if you have similar problems with sensitive skin then this may be a good cleanser to try. Finally, I like the fact that the cleanser comes in a spray bottle which is so much easier to use and much more convenient than a product that you have to pour out and you only need a couple of sprays per brush so I think the bottle will last a long time too.

There’s not really anything that I don’t like about this product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good makeup brush cleanser that doesn’t cost a fortune. 

Which makeup brush cleansers do you guys like? Have any of you tried the Clinique one and what did you think?

Thanks for reading,

BBx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS