navigation

19.1.13

Birchbox! January Review



Hi everyone,

I was given a three month subscription to Joliebox for Christmas which has now been rebranded as Birchbox and the first box arrived yesterday. I have subscribed to Glossybox and She Said Beauty Box in the past so I was happy to give a different brand a try and see how they fare in comparison.


Birchbox launched in 2010 in the US and each month subscribers receive a box of luxury beauty and lifestyle products to try out. This is the first box since the rebranding and here’s what was inside...

Révérence De Bastien Unguent for Nail and Cuticles


This nail treatment is used to help keep nails strong as well as soften cuticles. As I have acrylic nails I don’t think I will get that much use from it at the moment but I am thinking of giving my nails a break from the acrylic so this might come in handy when I do get them removed. The treatment smells absolutely delicious and feels quite smooth on the skin. This is a full sized product which normally retails at £15.50.

KMS California Add Volume Volumizing Spray


I always like trying out new hair products and as my hair is quite fine, hopefully this will be a good product for me. It’s a spray gel which gives hair a boost, provides heat protection and also removes excess oil. I haven’t tried any KMS products before but I have heard good things about them so I have high hopes for this product. This is a 30ml sample and the full sized bottle usually costs £14.85.

WEI Royal Ming Firming and Hydrating Cream


At £74 for the full sized product this is quite a pricey cream! I don’t usually use creams that are anti-ageing as I don’t want to overload my skin with unnecessary products. However, I have to say this cream feels really nice on the skin and also quite light. A small amount of product goes a long way which is good seeing as it is so expensive!

Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment


This is my favourite item in this month’s box as I get really dry lips and am always looking for new treatments that will help with this problem. This balm moisturises, repairs and protects the lips as well as providing a subtle hint of colour and I’m really looking forward to trying it out.

Teapigs - Chamomile


I don’t really drink tea but I will give this a try and see how I get on – you never know I might like it and become a herbal tea fan!

With Birchbox you also receive a magazine which contains more about the products, tutorials and beauty news. I’ve not had this in the other boxes that I have subscribed to and think it’s a really nice little added extra.


Overall I was really impressed with this first box and thought it was good value for money. I think the bright pink drawstring bag that the products come in is really cute and the products inside were all fab.

What did you guys think of the first Birchbox? Did you get the same products or something different?

Thanks for reading,
                                                              BBx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS