navigation

25.1.13

Daily Makeup



Hi everyone,

I have tried and tested so many products over the years to try and get it down to a bunch of items that are great for an everyday, easy to wear look. I feel that after much trial and error I have now found the perfect combination of products for me that I can rely on to last throughout the day so I thought I’d share my favourite daily makeup products with everyone on here.


Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Fresco - £22

After years of trying I thought I was never going to find a foundation that would last all day on my oily skin, and then I found Double Wear! This is the only foundation that I have tried that hasn’t gone patchy on my skin after a few hours and I can truly rely on it to stay put all day long and not have to worry about touching it up. I would say this is my Holy Grail product that I really couldn’t live without!

Clinique Almost Powder Makeup in Neutral Fair - £22

I use this powder to set my foundation. It’s a bit heavier than some other powders I have used as it is more of a powder foundation but I like that it provides a bit more coverage and again stays put all day. You could also use this on its own if you want a lighter finish.

Nars Blusher in Lustre - £21


I love blushers from Nars in general but I think Lustre is the colour that I use most often. This blush is a warm peach/apricot colour with a subtle gold shimmer running through it. It is pretty pigmented and easy to blend and build up and I think it goes really well with the Topshop highlighter I’ve mentioned below.

Topshop Highlighter in Sunbeam - £10


This highlighter looks really gold in the compact but don’t let that put you off! You only need a tiny amount but used sparingly this highlighter gives a great warm, golden glow. It is easy to blend so if you do find you’ve used too much to start with it’s easy to make it look more subtle without having to wipe it off and start again.

Bourjois Kohl and Contour Eyeliner with built in sharpener - £4.99

This eyeliner glides on easily and is highly pigmented for an intense black colour. I just always go back to this liner as it doesn’t smudge and the built-in sharpener is so handy!

Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara - £21

This is my all time favourite mascara as it makes my lashes look so long and full. People have actually asked me if I am wearing false lashes when I’ve had this mascara on and have been surprised when I have told them that I don’t. I have tried other mascaras since I discovered this one but none of them have given the same finish.

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel - £2.99


Finally I can’t leave the house without filling in my brows and I find this eyebrow pencil is really easy to use and doesn’t break the bank. I find it quicker and easier to use a pencil rather than a powder and brush and this colour is perfect for me. I then just go over my brows with a gel to set them in place.

So there you have my list of products that I use on a daily basis. I do experiment with other products all the time but these are the ones that I always go back to and the ones that I reach for if I am in a rush.  Some of them are more on the pricey side but I think they are definitely worth spending a bit more on and they all last a fairly long time before you have to buy them again.

Do you use any of the products I have mentioned in this post? Which products do you always reach for on a day to day basis?

Thanks for reading,
BBx



No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS