navigation

1.2.13

NOTD - Bow Nail Art Transfers



Hi everyone :)

I’m always looking for new ways to jazz up my nails at the moment and I can’t seem to just have them painted; they always need a little something extra. I found these bow shaped nail transfers whilst searching through eBay one day and thought I would give them a try as they didn’t look too difficult to use.


To get the look I first painted my nails with two coats of Avon Nailwear Pro+ in Red Bombshell and waited until it was completely dry (I painted my nails in the morning and added the bows in the evening to be doubly sure). The transfers are really easy to use, they simply peel off the backing paper and then you place them on your nail and hold it down for a few seconds. You might need to trim the edges of the bows a bit so that they fit your nail. To finish the look off I applied a top coat, waited for it to dry and then applied another layer. The second time I used them I applied a layer of clear gel and set it under a UV lamp to make them last even longer. 


With just the top coat I got about a week’s wear out of the transfers before they started peeling at the edges but I just went over with another layer of top coat and managed to prolong them for a couple more days. With the gel top coat I got just over two weeks wear out of them which I think is very good.

There are so many different types of nail art on eBay so if you’re looking to try something new it’s definitely worth a browse. There are quite a few different types of nails transfers as well, such as the sticker style ones I tried and water transfers. I’m not sure what the water ones are like so if any of you guys have tried them I’d love to hear what you thought of them and if you think they are worth a try.

Thanks for reading,
BBx


No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS