navigation

15.2.15

Dior Addict Lipgloss in 257 Vénus Review



Hi everyone,

At the moment I have really been loving wearing lipglosses over lipsticks and find myself collecting more and more! I think it’s down to the fact that my lips have been so dry due to the cold weather and lipglosses seem more hydrating and feel more comfortable on my lips than lipsticks. The latest addition to my collection is Dior Addict lipgloss in colour 257 Vénus.



The Addict glosses have be designed to be glossier, brighter and longer lasting than the Dior Addict Ultra Lipgloss and contain micro-particles and spheres of hyaluronic acid to make lips appear fuller. I’m not too sure about the plumping effect of this gloss and didn’t even realise it was meant to do this until recently. This isn’t a major issue for me as I would actually prefer it not to be plumping as I’m not a huge fan of the tingling sensation that comes with plumping lip products.

I was drawn to the shade ‘Vénus’ as it is a gorgeous nude, pink colour which is perfect for every day wear. Although shimmery, it certainly isn’t glittery and I like that the shimmer is fine and doesn’t leave a horrible grainy feel on the lips once the gloss has faded away. It has a lovely elegant and luxurious feel and doesn’t make lips feel sticky or gooey which is the downfall of many glosses for me.  I also really like the brush applicator as it makes the gloss really easy to apply and allows you to get such a precise finish.

I also have to give a mention to the gorgeous packaging which would just draw me in every time. I’m a huge sucker for anything that looks pretty, even if the product is rubbish I still get tempted to buy products that are packaged well. With this product though the packaging is just a bonus as the liploss inside is amazing all on its own.

Have you tried any of the Dior lipglosses? Which are your favourite shades?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried this Dior lip gloss but then again, I'm not a fan of glosses. I hate my hair sticking to my lips. LOL!
    I've read really good review on this Dior lip gloss though, it's good to read that you enjoy it too.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Infinity Dreams award I hope you can take part :)
    http://missapplecrumbles.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/infinity-dreams-award.html
    Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shireen L. Platt I didn't used to like glosses that much either but recently I have become a bit addicted to them and Dior are definitely some of my favourites :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @missapplecrumbles Thank you so much for the nomination :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's great that it's shimmery without being gritty, Dior also has the best packaging..so luxe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Zoë Danielle I can't be doing with glosses that leave loads of grit behind, it's a pet peeve of mine! I love the Dior packaging too, it always makes me feel extra special when I use it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS