navigation

12.4.15

Topshop Contour Cream in Sweep Review



Hi everyone!

Happy Sunday! Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend :)

When I bought the new Topshop highlighter that I blogged about last week I also got the contour cream to go with it as I have been trying my hand at contouring recently and love the effect it creates.


Usually I would use a bronzer to achieve the look such a Nars Laguna or Benefit Hoola but I thought this cream to powder product would give a really natural finish and would be easy to work with as I am by no means an expert in this area. The colour looks quite dark in the pan, even though I went for the lighter of the two shades which is Sweep, but once applied it blends out into a lovely natural colour which just gives a subtle shadow to the area you apply it to. If needed you can build it up but I like that it isn’t too pigmented as it’s harder to go wrong with a product that’s more on the sheer side. Normally I’m not a huge fan of cream based products (especially cream blushers!) but I really like the consistency of this one and find it so easy to work with, probably more so than the bronzers I have been using. I think this would be a great product for anyone that’s like me and is just starting out with contouring as it provides very little room for error.

At £9 this is definitely worth treating yourself to and has made it easier for me to try out contouring on a daily basis. It is quick and easy to apply but the effect is fab and this will be a step I can easily add into my daily makeup routine.

Have you tried the Topshop Contour Cream? Which are your favourite products for contouring with?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried topshop makeup but I think I have just found my excuse to! x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Hannah Boxall You should definitely give it a go, I haven't had a bad product from there yet :) xx

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS