navigation

10.6.15

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser Review



Hi everyone,

I’m not usually a huge fan of tinted moisturisers as my skin is quite oily so whenever I have tried to use them in the past they have always ended up half way down my face by lunch time. However, I had heard nothing but good things about the Laura Mercier offering and while I was already spending money like it was going out of fashion when I was in New York, I thought why not give it a try?!


Laura Mercier claim that this tinted moisturiser can disguise blemishes, even out skin tone and control oil whilst making sure skin stays hydrated and protected from the sun with SPF20. Bold claims to make but can it live up to them?

There are fifteen shades available and after quite a bit of umming and ahhing I eventually went for the shade Bisque. I think it matches my skin tone really well and looks really lovely and natural. The coverage is light, as you would expect, so not good for those days when I’ve had a breakout and need something more heavy duty but it’s fab for those hotter summer days when you’d prefer something lighter and more natural looking. Having said that I think it does provide slightly more coverage than your average tinted moisturiser and can be built up a bit more too. I have also been enjoying mixing it with my Cover FX Custom Drops to make it that little bit thicker and get more coverage that way for those days when I feel I need it.

I chose the oil free option due to my already oily t-zone but still wasn’t convinced that it could last me throughout the day without going completely patchy. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I went to take off my makeup in the evening and it still looked relatively good. It doesn’t last as long as a foundation but then again I wouldn’t expect it to and I was happy to touch up my powder from time to time to keep it in place.

As I said at the start of this post, tinted moisturisers aren’t really my thing as I don’t feel like my skin is good enough to get away with them on their own most of the time. I do, however, use them more on hotter days and when I’m not doing too much which is why I decided to give this one a go and I have to say out of all of the ones I have tried this is my favourite.

Are you a fan of tinted moisturisers? Which is your favourite?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

2 comments:

  1. I have long wanted to try this because I love light coverage but I think it's pricey for a tinted moisturizer. Great review!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shireen L. Platt Thank you :) It is quite expensive but I guess you get what you pay for with this one as it is the best tinted moisturiser I have tried :) x

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS