navigation

22.7.15

NOTD Barry M Sunset Gel Nail Polish in For The Stars



Hi everyone,

Now if there is one product that I don’t need any more of then it’s nail polishes! I have so many that I often only use them once before they dry up and go off and then it’s off to the rubbish bin they go. However, I was so intrigued when I saw the new Barry M Sunset Gel Daylight Curing range that I couldn’t resist and had to give them a try.

 
The Sunset Gel range claims to provide professional looking, gel like nails without the need for a UV lamp. You simply have to apply two coats of the nail colour, wait for it to dry and then use the Sunset Topcoat which will cure naturally in daylight. This is then meant to give you longer lasting and super shiny nails that can still be taken off with regular nail polish remover.

I chose the colour For The Stars which is a bright, summery coral shade that I just love. I found the formula a little difficult to work with and had to apply it with patience to make sure that it didn’t look too streaky. Having said that I have used much worse and it wasn’t as tough to apply as some that I have tried out recently. I then applied the topcoat which will only work with the Barry M Sunset Gel polishes and waited for it to dry.

I guess I was expecting my nails to look like they had just had a gel manicure but unfortunately I couldn’t really see any difference from when I used just a normal polish and topcoat. To me they weren’t any shiner and they weren’t any more chip resistant either. Nail polishes tend to last a while on me as I have acrylic nails but they do start to chip slightly around the edges after a few days and this polish was no exception to that. I also noticed some small bubbles on four of my nails which seemed strange.

Overall I really like the colour of this nail polish and would by others in the range if I liked the shade of them too. I bought them on offer at two for £7 which was a good price but the usual £4.99 price tag isn’t bad either. I wouldn’t buy them solely for any of the additional qualities they claim to offer as I don’t think they can compare with a proper gel manicure.

Have you tried any polishes from this range? Did you see any difference to a normal nail polish?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to agree that I don't see any differences with using a normal top coat but that shade is so pretty! Shame we don't have Barry M here, I have read lots of good things about the nail polish.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame they didn't work for you. I still think your mani looks great though, and I love the shade x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shireen L. Platt I really like Barry M nail polishes in general but I do think these ones are a bit gimmicky unfortunately x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kate Musgrove Thank you :) I really love the colour and think it's great for summer but it's a shame it didn't have the gel like finish x

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS