navigation

5.7.15

Tarte Lights Camera Lahes Mascara Review



Hi everyone,

Apologies for the lack of posts this week. These last two weeks have just been a bit hectic and I’ve struggled to fit everything in but hopefully I’ll be able to get back on track now!

So on to today’s review which is all about the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara. I had heard quite a lot about this mascara and a few people had recommended it to me, hence why I decided to pick it up in Sephora. With claims such as ‘proven to increase the appearance of lash volume by 330%’ and lengthens, curls, volumises and conditions, I was excited to try this one out but I have to say I do have mixed feelings about it.


The formula is quite wet so you do have to be careful of how much you get on your brush as I had some trouble with clumping when I applied too much. I prefer a mascara to have a bit of a drier consistency as I just find them easier to work with and they don’t tend to smudge as much. If you can get it right though your lashes will look fabulous. After using this product they definitely looked longer and had more volume and the curl you can achieve is amazing. The effect lasts all day and this mascara won’t smudge or run to create a panda eye look but it’s still easy to remove at the end of the day. 

As for the conditioning aspect I didn’t notice any difference in my lashes but to be honest I’m not sure I would. My lashes seem to be in decent condition anyway and I don’t tend to lose many so I don’t think this mascara really improved them in that area.

The packaging is something I’m not keen on as I think the snake skin, purple material makes it look cheap but it is definitely something different. I would prefer something that looked a little classier but this alone certainly wouldn’t put me off buying this mascara again.

Overall you can achieve great looking lashes with this mascara but for me it’s a bit too hit and miss. Some days I found it really worked well and others I struggled with the wetter formula and ended up with clumpy lashes. I’ve found I have to be patient and build up the layers rather than just going straight in there and applying loads so not one I would reach for if I was in a rush.

So would I buy it again? I really don’t think so. There are a lot of other mascaras out there that do as good a job if not better, such as Lancôme Hypnose Drama and Benefit Roller Lash and I think I would rather spend my money on these instead. I’m glad I gave it a try and I wasn’t totally disappointed by it as you can achieve a fab look but it’s not a Holy Grail product for me.

Have you tried Lights Camera Lashes? What did you think of it?

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

2 comments:

  1. I actually love this mascara because it gives my pathetic lashes the length that it desperately need! But I'll have to agree that there are days I want to throw this mascara into the bin, it gets very clumpy as time goes on so I've been sticking to only sample size of this mascara. I find that I can get the best use out of it.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shireen L. Platt Maybe I'll try sticking to sample sizes and see if that helps. It's a shame as it can make your lashes look great some days but others it's just not worth the effort! X

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS